Florida Home Loan TypesLet us customize the perfect loan for you!
Florida VA Loan:
- Designed to offer long-term financing to American veterans, VA mortgage loans are issued by federally qualified lenders and are guaranteed by the U.S. Veterans Administration. The VA determines eligibility and issues a certificate to qualifying applicants to submit to their mortgage lender of choice. It is generally easier to qualify for a VA loan than conventional loans.
Here’s how it works:
- 100% financing without private mortgage insurance or 20% second mortgage.
- A VA funding fee of 0 to 3.3% (this fee may be financed) of the loan amount is paid to the VA.
- When purchasing a home, veterans may borrow up to 100% of the sales price or reasonable value of the home, whichever is less.
- When refinancing a home, veterans may borrow up to 90% of reasonable value in order to refinance where state law allows.
We are a trusted VA Qualified Lender serving the Florida military community as well as Colorado, Utah and Iowa. Contact us to find out how you can benefit from this incredible 100% financing program for our distinguished service members.
- Conventional loans are mortgage loans offered by non-government sponsored lenders. These loan types include:
- Fixed Rate Loans
- Adjustable Rate Loans (ARMs)
- Combination (Hybrid) Loans
- Balloon Mortgages and Pledge Asset Loans
- Jumbo / Construction Loans
- Reverse Mortgage
Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM)
- An ARM is a mortgage with an interest rate that may vary over the term of the loan — usually in response to changes in the prime rate or Treasury Bill rate. The purpose of the interest rate adjustment is primarily to bring the interest rate on the mortgage in line with market rates.Mortgage holders are protected by a ceiling, or maximum interest rate, which can be reset annually. ARMs typically begin with more attractive rates than fixed rate mortgages — compensating the borrower for the risk of future interest rate fluctuations.Choosing an ARM is a good idea when:
- Interest rates are going down
- You intend to keep your home less than 5 years
ARMs have the following distinguishing features:
- Adjustment Frequency
- Initial Interest Rate
- Interest Rate Caps
Fixed Rate Mortgage
- With a fixed rate mortgage, the interest rate does not change for the term of the loan, so the monthly payment is always the same. Typically, the shorter the loan period, the more attractive the interest rate will be.Payments on fixed-rate fully amortizing loans are calculated so that the loan is paid in full at the end of the term. In the early amortization period of the mortgage, a large percentage of the monthly payment pays the interest on the loan. As the mortgage is paid down, more of the monthly payment is applied toward the principal.